Daniele Torcellini, Ph.D (born Fano, Italy 1978) is a professor at the the Academies of Fine Arts in Ravenna and Genoa. Since 2011 he has been the Director of the Marte Cultural Association, for which he conceives and organizes exhibitions on the aesthetics of mosaic.
Since 2006, Torcellini has been a collaborator with the International Centre for Documentation on Mosaic at the City of Ravenna’s Museum of Art (MAR) His principle themes of research are those of visual perception of colors, particularly regarding the history, conservation and reproduction of art. He has presented his research findings at seminars and conferences and has published numerous opinions and articles in national and international locations. Among his publications is the book The Perception of Colors in the Practice of Restoration.
- “Group of Colors” (www.gruppodelcolore.it)
- AIC (International Colour Association (www.aic-colour.org)
- CREATE, Colour Research for European Advanced Technology Employment (www.create.uwe.ac.uk).
- Founding member and president of the Marte Cultural Association
- Contributing editor for the French mosaic magazine, Mosaique.