Daniele Torcellini (born Fano, Italy 1978) is a docent of Contemporary Methodologies and Techniques at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ravenna, a docent of Chromatology at the Academy of Fine Arts Genova, and a Ph.D. student in Contemporary Art History from the University of Siena, where he is conducting research on the history and technology of reproduction of colors in works of art.
Since 2006, Torcellini has been a collaborator with the International Centre for Documentation on Mosaic at the City of Ravenna’s Museum of Art (MAR) His principle themes of research are those of visual perception of colors, particularly regarding the history, conservation and reproduction of art. He has presented his research findings at seminars and conferences and has published numerous opinions and articles in national and international locations. Among his publications is the book The Perception of Colors in the Practice of Restoration.
- “Group of Colors” (www.gruppodelcolore.it)
- AIC (International Colour Association (www.aic-colour.org)
- CREATE, Colour Research for European Advanced Technology Employment (www.create.uwe.ac.uk).
- Founding member and president of the Marte Cultural Association
- Contributing editor for the French mosaic magazine, Mosaique.